Hartford Car Accident Lawyers
Pursuing Just Compensation for Injured Victims Throughout Connecticut
Being involved in a car accident can be an incredibly frightening experience. If you or someone you love was injured in the crash, you may be feeling overwhelmed with the challenges associated with obtaining and paying for proper medical treatment, especially if you or your loved one is forced to take time off work to heal.
At Goff Law Group, we understand how stressful and difficult this time is for you. Our Hartford car accident lawyers are here to help you understand your rights, including your right to pursue fair compensation for your financial, physical, and emotional damages. If someone else’s negligence led to the accident, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible to learn how we can help.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys are well-versed in a wide variety of car accident claims. We have a 99% success rate in handling personal injury cases, and we are prepared to help you, too.
Our team can assist you with cases involving:
- Drunk Drivers: If you were hit or if your loved one was killed by a drunk driver, we can help you take action to hold the drunk driver responsible and seek justice for you and your family.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a form of negligence; if you were hit by someone who was texting and driving or otherwise distracted, we can help you fight for fair compensation.
- Hit and Runs: If another motorist hits you but does not stop, you may still be able to recover compensation by filing an uninsured motorist claim, and our team can help.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the rideshare driver or through Uber/Lyft’s insurance coverage.
- Uninsured Motorists: If you were injured by someone who does not have auto insurance or does not have enough coverage, we can help you file an uninsured motorist claim.
How We Handle Car Accident Claims
At Goff Law Group, our Hartford car accident attorneys conduct comprehensive reviews of the information, including consultations with professionals across many fields of expertise. We have built a strong relationship in the community and our connections can help your case.
When working on your car accident case, our lawyers may do any or all of the following:
- Interview all witnesses
- Thoroughly examine police and medical reports
- Retrieve video from roadway cameras when available
- Review all evidence pertinent to the case
We construct a complete picture of what happened to help ensure the best chance of success, be it through mediation or in front of a judge. Rest assured, we aggressively pursue favorable results for our clients to protect their future.
Do medical bills have you worried or confused? Are you concerned because an uninsured driver caused your accident? Goff Law Group can help, taking care of the details so you can focus on recovering and getting back to a normal life. Our goal is to help you find the means to keep going until your case is over, including preparing claims for your own insurance company to enable you to cover the bills while your case goes forward.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
While car accidents are relatively rare events for most people, you should have some idea of what to do in case it should happen to you.
After a car accident, remember to do the following (to the best of your ability):
- Stay as calm as possible
- Check for injuries of all involved
- Call 911
You want the police to come so that there will be an official report of the accident. Let the medical responders on the scene examine you for possible injuries, even if you seem okay.
Do not discuss fault or admit responsibility on the scene, even if you feel you were at fault. Get information from the other drivers, including names, numbers, and insurance information. Take pictures of everything, including your injuries, the vehicles involved, and any roadway features (like construction), that you think may have been contributing factors to the accident.
If you were involved in a car accident in Hartford or anywhere in Connecticut, contact Goff Law Group today to request a free consultation. Call (203) 408-1213.